The benefits of shifting to an 'outside-in' approach to analytics
The term ‘data-driven’ feels like a used-up buzzword.
But what does it really mean?
- Collect high-quality data that is trusted by stakeholders.
- Establish a shared set of definitions (e.g., use-cases, metrics).
- Commit to training business teams for data literacy.
- Implement self-service tools for employees to draw insights independently.
- Manage a technology portfolio with tools selected for optimal ROI.
Evidently, being a data-driven organization requires far more than just investing in analytics tools.
Analytics tools can only deliver value if they can leverage quality data and be supported by clear metrics and self-service usage.
Small improvements in these areas can have a compounding effect that can significantly accelerate your business execution efforts.
As Cosgrove points out, the benefits of self-service analytics and improved data literacy can truly be groundbreaking.
If you’re looking to empower your team to make data-driven decisions in a self-service fashion and improve data literacy in 2022 – Let’s talk!